Bread financing is also available when Magento 2 is leveraged as an in-store or over-the-phone solution. Built on the Bread platform, Bread Carts allows merchants to build a cart directly from existing inventory in Magento 2 and generate a pre-configured Bread Cart that can be delivered to a customer as a unique link or opened on an in-store device. The Bread Cart link allows the customer to go through the pre-qualification process, and if approved, complete a checkout with financing.
- Open your Magento 2 admin
- Click Sales -> Orders
- Click Create New Order
- Choose a customer for the order or select Create New Customer
- Add Products to the order
- Enter customer billing and shipping information
- Under Shipping Method, click Get shipping methods and rates and choose a rate
- Under Payment Method select the Pay Over Time option. Note: In some cases, after you select the Bread radio option, you may need to refresh the page for the Bread button to appear.
- At this point you should see two options under Bread: Bread Checkout and Create Cart
a. In-Store Orders (Bread Checkout): For in-store sales, at this point you would hand the device to your in-person customer and direct the customer to click the Bread button under Bread Checkout to complete the application. Note: You should never fill out this application for a customer. The customer must complete this application directly.
b. Phone Orders (Create A Cart): Click the Create Cart button under Bread Carts. This will generate a pre-filled cart link that you would then include in an email to the customer. Once the customer receives the cart link, they will be presented with the Bread flow. If the customer is approved for credit and completes the checkout, the transaction will appear in the Bread merchant portal (https://merchants.getbread.com) and the order should be ingested into the Magento 2 order list.
- Submit the overall order to Magento 2
Updated over 2 years ago